-->

Cacao Matcha Smoothie Recipe: The Ultimate PMS and PMDD Relief

It is estimated that as least 85% of women suffer from sort of PMS. A smaller percentage of women (between 3-8%) suffer from a severe form of PMS known as PMDD. Unfortunately, I’m part of that small percentage.

Common symptoms of PMS include lethargy, acne, cramping, sore muscles, cravings, mood swings, and others.

Common symptoms of PMDD include anxiety, depression, extreme moodiness, and extreme anger/rage, as well as the symptoms of PMS. Some women with PMDD even experience suicidal thoughts.

The symptoms of both PMS and PMDD both let up when menstrual bleeding begins.

PMS and PMDD can be debilitating and make every day life difficult during those hormonal times of your cycle. Personally, I experience my PMDD symptoms during ovulation up until my period starts. This is pretty typical of both PMS and PMDD.

While there is no cure for PMS or PMDD, the symptoms can be managed through many remedies. Some remedies work better than others for different people, it really just depends on your own body and specific hormonal imbalances.

When I found out I had PMDD, I did hours and hours of research. Through trial and elimination, I’ve found a remedy that truly helps me. I wanted to share this smoothie recipe in hopes that it will help others that suffer from PMS or PMDD!


Ingredients:


  • 1.5 cups almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon maca powder
  • 1 tablespoon cacao powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
  • 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup - optional

Instructions:


  1. Blend all ingredients together.
  2. Drink up!

NOTES:

  • If needed, almond milk can be substituted for any healthy non-dairy milk, such as coconut milk or cashew milk.


Source: karissasvegankitchen.com

LihatTutupKomentar