-->

Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce


Lemon, garlic, oregano, and parsley add amazing flavor to these chicken skewers! Serve them with healthy homemade tzatziki sauce for a delicious and easy to make meal!

Lately when I’m not eating frozen desserts you’ll find me eating everything grilled. I apologize if you’re tired of seeing recipes with the same two “cooking” methods, but it makes summer eating so much easier and more fun too.

Two reasons I’m grilling everything lately. It doesn’t heat up my house and there’s nothing better than grilled meat on a stick! I’m a total sucker for chicken skewers or kebabs.

What do you call them?

I always called them kebabs but now I’m kind of digging the skewer name. Anyways, these Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce were top notch and couldn’t be easier to make.

Greek/Mediterranean flavors are some of my favorites. I love the bright lemony flavor, the oregano, the garlic. The flavors aren’t overpowering and the food itself never leaves me feeling stuffed and like I need to go lay down and take a nap after I eat.

Greek salads are on the top of my list of favorites because feta and kalamata olives, hellooo! Second to that is chicken souvlaki, which is essentially what these Greek lemon chicken skewers are.

Ingredients:

Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers

  • 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into approximately 1 inch cubes
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon coriander
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Tzatziki Sauce

  • 1 cup peeled and diced English cucumber, about 1/2 of a cucumber
  • 1 1/2 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh dill
  • 1/2-1 teaspoon grated garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Black pepper to taste

Instructions:


  1. Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers
  2. In a large bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients then add in the cubed chicken and toss to coat.
  3. Cover and refrigerate the chicken for 45 minutes to 3 hours.
  4. Get full recipe==>>reciperunner.com

LihatTutupKomentar